Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • February 18, 2019

     

    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Feb. 17 (23:00)

    Worker's Comp
    IAFF Local 51
    Highway 85 Structure Fire
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    I-25 MVA with Extrication
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    Passing of Captain Richard Truax - Ladder Company 1, Retired
    IAFF Local 739
    4F Gaming Fundraiser
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire
    TNPFF Seminar
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Oakland teachers set strike for Thursday 21/2
    KPFA Evening News Covers Support For Julian Assange By San Francisco Labor Council
    Fired for not smiling enough? US fast-food workers fight unfair dismissals
    Federal workers honored in Boardman after government shutdown avoided
    Massachusetts bill would require tipped workers be paid minimum wage
  • New Year's Day fire destroys Plymouth Township home for sale
    Posted On: Jan 20, 2019

    No injuries were sustained in a New Year's Day fire that gutted a Plymouth Township house on Shefield Court, just west of NorthRidge Church.

    Firefighting crews from Plymouth Township, Northville Township, Canton Township and the city of Northville extinguished the blaze approximately two hours after a 9-1-1 call was received by Plymouth Township dispatchers at 2:14 a.m. Jan. 1, Plymouth Township Fire Chief Daniel Phillips said.

    "No one was home at the time of the fire," Phillips said. "The house is a total loss."

    Phillips said the fire did not spread to nearby homes.

    More: County cites 8 Plymouth restaurants for priority food violations in November

    The cause of the fire is being investigated by the Michigan State Police.

    Built in 1996, the 2,490-square-foot house had been listed for sale for 63 days, according to zillow.com.

    Paul Scanga, who lives approximately 50 yards from the destroyed home, said he was awoken at approximately 2:15 a.m. Jan .1.

    "I got up, opened my front door and saw the house totally on fire," Scanga said. "It was probably close to 2:30. I stayed up for about an hour and watched. When I got up at about 6:30 (a.m.), they already had the house boarded up.

    "The entire court was filled with fire trucks, ambulances and police cars."

    Scanga said he did not know the owners of the house.

    Contact Ed Wright at 517-375-1113 or eawright@hometownlife.com.

    Cause of Jan. 1 Plymouth Township home ruled an arson

    The cause of a New Year's Day fire that toyally gutted a Plymouth Township home was arson, according to Plymouth Township Fire Chief Dan Phillips.

    Phillips could not divulge additional information about the details of the arson.

    "The incident is still under investigation, so we cannot release further details without potentially compromising the investigation," Phillips said.

    Built in 1996, the 2,490-square-foot house located on Shefield Court had been listed for sale for 63 days, according to zillow.com.

    Firefighting crews from Plymouth Township, Northville Township, Canton Township and the city of Northville extinguished the blaze approximately two hours after a 9-1-1 call was received by Plymouth Township dispatchers at 2:14 a.m. Jan. 1, Phillips said.

    The home was vacant at the time of the fire.

    Phillips estimated that the results of the ongoing investigation could be available within a month.

    Contact Ed Wright at eawright@gannett.com or 517-375-1113.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2019.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    87121 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image