Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  •  

    July 23, 2021
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?

    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Jul. 23 (13:41)

    Sunrise Dental Presents.... August Clay - Shoot
    IBEW Local 659
    IBEW Infrastructure Jobs
    IBEW 280
    William H. Latimer
    IBEW Local 191
    2021 PCCLC Endorsements
    IBEW Local 483
    2021 Picnic Cancelled
    IBEW 280
    Emergency Food Network Job Openings
    IBEW Local 483
     
         
  • Novi woman dies in early Monday condo fire
    Posted On: Apr 14, 2021

    A Novi woman and her two small dogs died in an early Monday morning condo fire along East Glen Haven Circle.

    Fire Chief Jeff Johnson said firefighters went to the Country Place Condominiums northwest of Meadowbrook and Eight Mile roads after a 911 call was made at 2:06 a.m. on April 5.

    They saw smoke and flames through the front window. They entered the two-story condo and saw that the flames were in the living room area.

    Smoke had permeated through the home. When firefighters went upstairs, they found the 44-year-old woman unresponsive on a bedroom floor and evacuated her from the building.

    Paramedics began CPR and the woman was transported to Ascension Providence Hospital in Novi, where she was pronounced dead.  

    “It was a pretty tough morning for us,” Johnson said. “We lost somebody. We never like to see that happen.”

    Johnson said the fire was accidental.

    He said the flames did not spread beyond the living room but firefighters also found the dogs who died from the blaze.

    The four-unit condo structure is salvageable, according to the fire chief, who did not provide the name of the deceased. She apparently was living alone. 

    An investigation continues.

    More:South Lyon Schools offers free COVID-19 tests to anyone prior to spring break return

    More:German shepherd lost after Farmington Hills crash reunites with South Lyon family

    Contact reporter Susan Vela at svela@hometownlife.com or 248-303-8432. Follow her on Twitter @susanvela


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2021.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    113317 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image