Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • February 18, 2019

     

    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Feb. 17 (23:00)

    Worker's Comp
    IAFF Local 51
    Highway 85 Structure Fire
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    I-25 MVA with Extrication
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    Passing of Captain Richard Truax - Ladder Company 1, Retired
    IAFF Local 739
    4F Gaming Fundraiser
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire
    TNPFF Seminar
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Oakland teachers set strike for Thursday 21/2
    KPFA Evening News Covers Support For Julian Assange By San Francisco Labor Council
    Fired for not smiling enough? US fast-food workers fight unfair dismissals
    Federal workers honored in Boardman after government shutdown avoided
    Massachusetts bill would require tipped workers be paid minimum wage
  • Bringing Our Work Home With Us
    Updated On: Nov 10, 2017

    Bringing Our Work Home With Us

    Everyone likes to think that our work lives and our home lives are separate. This is not actually true. Our work is affected by the stuff that happens at home and we certainly let our work life affect our home life. This is normal. If you don’t believe me, ask the people you live with (family, wife, husband, kids). They know whether or not you had a bad shift just by the way you are acting. They probably wonder what they can do to help. This is especially true if there was a particularly bad incident that might be troubling you. If we don’t help our families, this is what may happen!

     

    Instead, let’s help them, help us! Here are some helpful tips for them:

    • Listen carefully.
    • Spend time with the person who has experienced a traumatic event.
    • Offer your assistance and a listening ear even if they have not asked for help.
    • Reassure them that they are safe.
    • Help them with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking, caring for the family, minding the children.
    • Give them some private time.
    • Don’t take their anger or other feelings personally.
    • Don’t tell them that they are “lucky it wasn’t worse...”Instead tell them that you are sorry such a terrible event occurred and that you want to understand and help.

    The people we live with care about us and want us to be our best. Let them help us in the same way that we would want to help them.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2019.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    87121 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image