• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Governor Announces Appointments to State Fire Board
Updated On: Sep 28, 2020
The Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union is pleased to announce that two MPFFU members were recently appointed to the State Fire Safety Board by Governor Whitmer. These appointments are subject to confirmation by the Senate. Tavis Millerov is a member of L1600-Meridian Township and Brian Talvensaari is a member of L643-Marquette. Congratulations to both of you! All the appointments to the State Fire Safety Board are listed below.
Tavis Millerov of Williamston, to represent members from organized fire departments in the Lower Peninsula
Randall Halstead, to represents members from the liquefied petroleum or flammable compressed gas industry
Jeramie Morris to represent members from the chemical manufacturing industry
Brian Talvensaari of Marquette, to represents a member from organized fire departments in the Upper Peninsula
Dr. Julie Bulson of Grand Rapids, reappointed to represent hospital administrators