Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association

  •  


    September 24, 2023
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Sep. 24 (17:41)

    Retirement Seminar
    IBEW local 2325
    Member Appreciation Night
    IBEW local 2325
    Labor Action October 3rd
    IBEW Local 483
    AT&T Springfield Illinois Job Cuts
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21
    Supplemental Books- October 7th & 8th 2023
    IBEW Local 387
    General Membership Meeting
    IBEW Local 483
     
         
  • Fire closes Farmington Hills restaurant
    Posted On: May 10, 2023

    FARMINGTON HILLS — A kitchen fire has closed a local restaurant.

    The Farmington Hills Fire Department responded at about 6:45 p.m. April 29 to a fire at The Brass Pointe BBQ, 24234 Orchard Lake Road, said Fire Chief Jon Unruh.

    Unruh said the fire began in the kitchen at the restaurant north of 10 Mile Road before spreading to part of the building's attic. Firefighters were able to knock the fire down after about 15 minutes and before it damaged anything in the restaurant's dining room, Unruh said.

    "We did a good job of stopping it," he said.

    Unruh said the fire appears accidental; no foul play is suspected. No injuries were reported, Unruh said.

    A Facebook post from the restaurant stated they moved quick to get patrons out as soon as possible.

    "The same time we were calling 911, we made an announcement and evacuated the restaurant," the post reads. "The safety of our customers/staff was our number one priority and we are proud of the way our staff handled the situation to get everyone out safely."

    The restaurant is closed "until further notice," the restaurant posted.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2023.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    137971 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image