• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Livonia Fire & Rescue is pleased to announce that applications are once again being accepted for the position of Fire Cadet. If you have worked in public safety, earning your Paramedic license but have never found the time to earn your MI Firefighter I & II certification, let us help you finish the journey to becoming a career firefighter/paramedic!