Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association

  •  


    December 02, 2022
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Dec. 01 (17:41)

    SEIU Healthcare Workers Community Event
    IBEW Local 483
    New Steward Training Class
    IBEW Local 100
    Holiday Party
    IBEW Local 100
    Local #73 Christmas Party
    IBEW Local 73
    What’s Up Wednesday
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21
    Job Opening for L&I
    IBEW Local 483
     
         
  • Fire Ops 101-Live Fire Demonstration
    Posted On: Oct 07, 2022

    The Livonia Firefighters Union held a Fire Ops 101 event that was designed to give City officials and other VIP's the chance to be a Livonia Firefighter for a day. We designed scenarios for each attendee to get a glimpse of what it entails to be a career firefighter/paramedic. Each participant learned what happens on the scene of a cardiac arrest. They performed CPR and learned advanced skills that we use every day to save lives. Attendees also used hydraulic tools to learn how to extricate victims of a motor vehicle accident. The participants also brought hoselines into our training facility to simulate a house fire. Inside they found a victim that they had to bring out as a team. Lastly, we finished the day with two live fire demonstrations in our burn chamber. Each participant got to see how fire grows and feel the heat. Huge thank you to Chief Robert Jennison for his support for this event and sharing his knowledge. Thank you to Livonia Mayor Maureen Miller Brosnan, HR Director Jeannine Liable, Elizabeth Hallack, NP Jennifer Porco, City Treasurer Lynda Scheel, City Clerk Susan Nash, Councilman Scott Bahr, Livonia City Councilman Rob Gjonaj Donovic, Brandon McCullough Livonia City Council, and Laura Toy - Councilwoman for your attendance and support!!!! Councilman Jim Jolly for Livonia, Councilwoman Kathleen McIntyre, and Scott Morgan for Livonia Council also wished to attend but unfortunately couldn't due to other responsibilities.
  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2022.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    127210 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image