Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  •  

    August 08, 2022
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?

    Northville Township is hiring Firefighters/Paramedics
    Click On Logo Above For PDF

    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Aug. 08 (05:41)

    Solidary Night
    IBEW Local 191
    IBEW - AT&T Work From Home Agreements Extended to 3/31/23
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21
    EVITP Training
    IBEW Local 648
    Shop Steward Training Classes
    IBEW Local 483
    IBEW – AT&T CORE 2022 Tentative Agreement Article Summary
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21
    Death Of Member Mark Peters, Jr.
    IBEW Local 648
     
         
  • Farmington Hills firefighters rescue woman, 62, from home destroyed by fire
    Posted On: Apr 15, 2022

    Farmington Hills firefighters rescued a woman early Wednesday morning from a burning Waldron Street home with no working smoke alarms.

    They said they were called to the two-story home near Olde Towne Park, north of Grand River Avenue, at 4:17 a.m. April 6 because of a reported fire.

    Upon arrival, they saw a large blaze consuming the first floor of the south side home. Firefighters Kayla Geffert and Manndez Blanch went directly to the backyard following the dispatcher's report and saw a woman, 62, standing amid smoke at a second-floor bedroom window.

    They climbed a ladder to rescue the woman and then provided advanced life support.

    They made sure she was transported to Beaumont Hospital in Farmington Hills, where she was further stabilized. Medical personnel then transferred her to a regional burn center.

    Farmington Hills firefighters rescued a woman from this Waldron Street home the early morning of April 6, 2022.
     

    “A Farmington Hills resident was rescued and given the chance to survive a tragedy today due to the outstanding professionalism of dispatchers and the aggressive actions of first-arriving firefighters,” Fire Chief Jon Unruh said in a statement.

    Firefighters said the fire remains under investigation but appears to be “accidental in nature.” Fire Marshal Jason Baloga said the blaze may have started in or near the kitchen. He said the fire ultimately spread to the second floor and attic of the home, and looks to be a complete loss.

    The rescued woman has said she attempted to go downstairs when she awoke to smoke. Smoke, heat and flames prevented an escape on her own. 

    Fire officials remind homeowners to install working smoke alarms on each level of their homes and to change batteries whenever clocks change.

    The Farmington Hills Fire Department provides free smoke alarms to residents. Just call 248-871-2800.

    Farmington Hills firefighters say this Waldron Street home was lost to flames during the early morning of April 6, 2022.

  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2022.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    123586 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image