Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  •  

    November 28, 2021
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?

    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Nov. 27 (17:41)

    Rest in Peace Brother Jon Hergett
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21
    Monthly Political News Letter
    IBEW Local 768
    Closed for Thanksgiving
    IBEW Local 483
    CALGEM: CALL TO ACTION
    IBEW Local 6
    Holiday Closure
    IBEW Local 125
    Thanksgiving
    I.B.E.W. Local Union 266
     
         
  • Fire destroys plans for parties, showers at Canton's Cady-Boyer Barn
    Posted On: Jul 24, 2021

    Canton Township’s historic Cady-Boyer Barn was slated to be the perfect setting for graduation parties, baby showers and other events in 2021.

    Years in the making, a new nearly $300,000 pavilion with restrooms was supposed to make the Preservation Park barn an even more popular venue for special moments and charmed memories that nodded to the township’s agricultural past.

    But the big ol’ red barn kissed by plenty of sunrises and sunsets is gone.

    Police and fire officials are investigating why flames destroyed the Preservation Park landmark on Sunday, over the Memorial Day weekend, while others scramble to replan parties, reunions and annual gatherings.

    “Unfortunately, we have graduation parties scheduled for that barn over the next several weeks,” Greg Hohenberger, Canton’s leisure services director, said. “I have one that’s supposed to be happening this Saturday and we’re trying to figure out what we can do for them. It’s really unfortunate.”

    Emergency dispatchers called him to find out what was inside the barn as it burned. The pre-Civil War structure burned quickly at the 500 Ridge Road North address.

    Hohenberger arrived to find the barn gone. There were just a few standing beams left, which he found “sad” and “surreal.”

    More:Plymouth-Canton student radio station shows resilience, provides connection during pandemic

    More:Westland Memorial Day parade returns

    Flames destroyed the Cady-Boyer Barn  at Canton Township's Preservation Park on Sunday, May 30, 2021.

    “Long term, we’re just starting those discussions about what we’re going to do,” Hohenberger said. “I’m sure that we will do something. I just don’t know exactly what that plan will be. We’re so early in the process. I just don’t know.”

    He noted that township residents can participate in the master plan process by suggesting uses for the space once home to the Cady-Boyer Barn. The park should be able to continue hosting the Canton’s farmers market.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2021.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    116580 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image