Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • July 15, 2020

     

    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Jul. 14 (20:06)

    Foundation 58 Fundraiser
    Pennsylvania Professional Fire Fighters Association
    Shawnee CBA 2020-2021
    Professional Fire Fighters of Oklahoma
    Northwest CBA 2018-2019
    Professional Fire Fighters of Oklahoma
    Raising Rondo | Essential Needs Giveaway
    IAFF Local 21
    Coronavirus Update #11
    Palm Beach County Fire Fighters Employee Benefits Fund
    Powers Ave Commercial Structure Fire
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Historic bargaining agreement raises WNBA salaries
    Sanders Doesn't Support USMCA Because It Doesn't Address Climate Change and Outsourcing
    Puerto Rico Retirees Could Face 8.5% Cut to Pensions, in Latest Blow for Island
    Delaware General Assembly staffers want to form country's first ‘partisan-inclusive' legislative worker union
    Union workers vote to possibly open talks with Spirit
  • Family dog killed in fast-spreading Canton Township home fire
    Posted On: Mar 20, 2020

    A Canton Township house suffered extensive damage Sunday night as the result of a fire that sent billowing clouds of smoke into the nighttime sky.

    The home's residents were not injured, however, the family's dog perished in the blaze.

    "The homeowner came home and saw smoke inside the structure as soon as he opened the door," said Canton Township Deputy Fire Director Chris Stoecklein. "He immediately shut the door and called us.

    "Initially, our crews went inside to attack the fire, however, by the time we got there, the upper floors were already giving way, which is pretty common with new construction. We usually have 10 minutes once the fire starts and the fire had started much sooner than 10 minutes from the time our crews arrived."

    The family's dog, a Goldendoodle, was removed from the upstairs of the home, Stoecklein said, adding that it appeared to die from smoke inhalation.

    Canton Township firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire, 50678 Federal Blvd., at approximately 6:30 p.m. Emergency personnel were still at the scene of the fire at 11 p.m.

    Stoecklein said it appears the fire started in the basement. 

    "The cause of the fire is not suspicious in nature at this time," said Stoecklein.

    The house is located in a subdivision west of Denton Road and north of Geddes Road.

    Contact reporter Ed Wright at eawright@hometownlife.com or 517-375-1113.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2020.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    104331 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image