Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • March 21, 2019

     

    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Mar. 21 (07:00)

    Fire Marshal Promotion
    IAFF Local 801
    DFM Promotion
    IAFF Local 801
    Are we truly a strong union?
    Denver Firefighters Local 858
    2019 Promotees
    IAFF Local 4349
    2019 Annual Retirement and Awards Banquet
    IAFF Local 739
    Lee County Chili Challenge
    IAFF 1826

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Russia : Unions prepare campaign to keep Ford factories in Russia
    Boston Public Schools teachers and supporters rally for new contract
    Union accuses Amazon of breaking U.S. federal law by firing activist
    The Oakland teachers' strike revealed CA's education crisis
    WorkWeek On New Zealand Massacre and Labor Fighting Back and UC CWA UPTE Workers Strike
  • Fire damages Farmington Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant
    Posted On: Dec 29, 2018

    Heavy smoke and fire damage was reported after a fire Thursday, Dec. 27, at the Farmington Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

    Farmington Public Safety officers responded at about 9:30 a.m. to the KFC, 20740 Farmington Road, to find heavy smoke coming from the roof.

    A single employee was evacuated from the building. Employees at Magic Cleaners located next door were also evacuated.

    Upon making entry into the building, officers located and extinguished a fire in the kitchen. The Farmington Hills Fire Department assisted the public safety department in bringing the fire under control.

    The restaurant sustained heavy smoke and fire damage but the building is salvageable according to Farmington Public Safety Director Frank Demers.  The fire did not spread to Magic Cleaners.

    No employees or firefighters were injured. The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Unit is assisting the public safety department in determining the cause and origin of the fire.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2019.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    88620 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image