Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • February 18, 2019


    Member Login


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds


    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Feb. 17 (23:00)

    Worker's Comp
    IAFF Local 51
    Highway 85 Structure Fire
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    I-25 MVA with Extrication
    South Metro Firefighters IAFF LOCAL 2086
    Passing of Captain Richard Truax - Ladder Company 1, Retired
    IAFF Local 739
    4F Gaming Fundraiser
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire
    TNPFF Seminar
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Oakland teachers set strike for Thursday 21/2
    KPFA Evening News Covers Support For Julian Assange By San Francisco Labor Council
    Fired for not smiling enough? US fast-food workers fight unfair dismissals
    Federal workers honored in Boardman after government shutdown avoided
    Massachusetts bill would require tipped workers be paid minimum wage
  • Northville Township firefighters brave brutal conditions to extinguish house fire
    Posted On: Jan 30, 2019

    No injuries were reported in the aftermath of a Jan. 20 Northville Township house fire that caused "significant" damage to a structure located in the 16000 Block of Forest Drive, according to township Fire Chief Brent Siegel.

    In addition to the blaze, township firefighters had to endure brutally cold conditions that included sub-zero wind chills.

    The cause and origin of the fire remained under investigation as of Jan. 21.

    The Northville Township Fire Department was assisted by units from Northville city, Livonia and Novi.

    "We would like to thank our mutual-aid partners for their assistance," Siegel noted.

    Main Street League, a local nonprofit, is collecting donations for the family. Go to www.mainstreetleague.com/hamilton-house-fire for more in formation. 

    Contact Ed Wright at eawright@gannett.com or 517-375-1113.

    With many of its windows covered now in particle board, this home in the 16000 block of Forest Drive in Northville Township sustained significant damage in a recent fire. (Photo: John Heider | hometownlife.com)

  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2019.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    87121 hits since Mar 25, 2012

  • Top of Page image