• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Novi police and firefighters host holiday shopping for local youngsters
Posted On: Dec 20, 2018
The Novi police and fire departments joined forces for a special mission Dec. 8, to host the Novi Youth Assistance's Shop With a Hero holiday shopping spree.
Nine lucky students were sponsored by the Novi Police and Fire Benevolent Association. Target also donated gift cards and goody bags for each student. There was an overwhelming turn out of nearly 30 police officers and firefighters who volunteered their time for the event.