Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • August 21, 2018

     

    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Aug. 21 (19:00)

    KCFD Retired Fire Fighters
    IAFF Local 42
    IAFF Local 244 Per-Capita Dues Increase
    Albuquerque Area Fire Fighters
    IAFF Peer Support Training
    IAFF Local 42
    2018 SPFD Golf Tournament
    IAFF Local 21
    Back to School Drive
    IAFF Local 51
    Hudson Helmet Raffle
    Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    SEIU secures pay rise for Silicon Valley security guards
    Uber: what we can learn from New York
    Inside Sex Workers' Fight for the Next Ocasio-Cortez: ‘There's an Awakening Happening'
    Matthew Thompson: Workers ready for unions, but of a new kind
    RPG Enterprise / Planet Direct Mail pays $743,443 in IC misclassification case
  • Canton Township house destroyed by fire
    Posted On: Jun 15, 2018

    A house in Canton Township's Cherry Hill Village neighborhood was completely destroyed by a fire that began the afternoon of May 20.

    The fire on Coolidge Street, in the area of Ridge Road and Cherry Hill, was reported just before 5 p.m., Canton Fire Department deputy director Chris Stoecklein said. A male homeowner, the only person at the house when the fire broke out, was treated for smoke inhalation at a local hospital and released.

    The fire remains under investigation, but Stoecklein said it apparently started in the attached garage in an area where the battery for a motorized bicycle was being charged.

    The resident told firefighters he had gone to the garage to check on the battery when he saw the fire and left the house, Stoecklein said. The man was able to take his two dogs and one cat out with him.

    The first firefighters on the scene arrived in less than four minutes, Stoecklein said, but the fire was fully engaged at the house. "It's a total loss," he said.

    Firefighters took a defensive approach to fighting the blaze, Stoecklein said, protecting the houses on either side of the fire. The fire brought crews from all three Canton stations, he said, plus some off-duty firefighters who were in the area and stopped by to help out. Canton did not seek help from nearby departments, however. Firefighters were on the scene for over three hours.

    Stoecklein urged people to use caution when charging any battery — from a lithium battery for a cellphone to a vehicle battery — and should do so in a well-ventilated place and monitor the process regularly.

    "It's always a hazard charging anything. ... You can certainly minimize those hazards," he said.


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2018.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    68544 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image