• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Meet Canton first responders at Community Connection Day
Posted On: Apr 20, 2017
Local families with at-risk and special populations are invited tomeet and mingle with Canton police officers and firefighter/paramedics at Canton’s first Community Connection Day. This free event will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 29, at the Summit on the Park, 46000 Summit Parkway.
Community Connection Day is intended to dispel fears and myths special populations may associate with lights, sirens and uniformed public safety personnel. The event will be very interactive and hands-on, allowing attendees the opportunity to look/sit in police and fire vehicles, as well as talk with police officers and firefighters. The intent is to build a trust and comfort level for special populations when seeking out or receiving assistance from first responders. In return, public safety personnel will also gain insight on the needs and concerns of this special population for potential future interactions.
This is an open event, no registration needed, being presented by Canton Leisure Services, Canton Public Safety and Plymouth-Canton Community Schools district. The event will feature fun giveaways and an expo area of resource-related vendors and organizations including: Fat Wheels, Mt. Brighton Adaptive Ski, Autism Alliance of Michigan, the Miracle League of Plymouth and more. This event is made possible because of the generous support of the following community sponsors: Building Bridges Therapy Center and Contemporary Dentistry.